Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review - Vanilla Clair/Light Vanilla (51)




 Healthy Mix is Bourjois' "first radiance boosting foundation with fruit derived ingredients for a flawless, glowing complexion for up to 16 hours". This foundation contains good stuff like apricot, melon, apple, and ginger extracts. Bourjois boasts that this foundation has an "exquisite, melting formula that blends onto the skin for a flawless yet natural finish" that's good for your skin because it'll provide "8 hours of moisture". This oil free foundation was dermatologist tested for high tolerance. I don't believe that this foundation contains any SPF. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is available in three to six shades, depending on where you live. I have shade 51, Vanilla Clair, or Light Vanilla, which is the lightest of the six. I received this foundation as a gift. This foundation contains the standard 1fl oz (30 ml) and retails for $34AUD. Bourjois claims to not test on animals. This foundation was made in France. Bourjois products are available at drugstores and major retailers around the world, except here in the US. If you're lemming for Bourjois products, and don't have a friend overseas to swap with, you can order them through Asos, though the selection is somewhat limited.

 The Healthy Mix foundation comes in a clear plastic bottle with black pump. One side of the bottle is in English, the other in French. Both sides feature the Bourjois logo and product name, along with a few claims. Thes ide of the bottle goes on to list a few more claims, as well as the ingredients. The shade number can be found on the top of the cap. Pop the cap off and you'll reveal a pump. I'm not in love with this pump, it spurts out a little bit product at a time, instead of a nice, even amount. I guess a sucky pump is better than no pump at all though.
Something about the texture of Bourjois' Healthy Mix Foundation seems a little off to me. When pumped out onto the skin, it looks and feels like any other liquid foundation, but as you begin to work with it, it seems to thicken up a little. Weird! I've heard many people say that MAC's Face&Body Foundation performs in a similar way, rubbing it in seems to somehow increase the coverage. At first, I didn't like this foundation at all, it was blotchy and provided very sheer, uneven coverage, it just didn't do anything for me. Turns out, it wasn't the formula that was bad, it was my application method. I was using my Avon Precision Grip Blender to apply Healthy Mix, and it seems like this foundation really doesn't agree with a dampened sponge. Healthy Mix works best when worked slowly into the skin with fingers, the natural warmth of your fingers will help melt this foundation into the skin.
Bourjois claims that Healthy Mix will give a semi-matte finish with "perfect" coverage. I'm not clear on what "perfect" coverage means. Do they mean full coverage? If so, I disagree. Bourjois Healthy Mix gives a medium coverage. This foundation almost completely masks redness while covering small blemishes, freckles, and acne scars, but larger imperfections and dark circles will still need concealer. Semi-matte is a good description for the first half of the day, but after five or so hours, Healthy Mix starts to break down and little and gets more 'luminous'. I don't have oily skin, so if this foundation breaks down on me after five or six hours, I highly doubt that it'll last sixteen hours like Bourjois claims. I think Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation is best suited for normal skin. As I previously mentioned, it doesn't stand up well to even a little bit of oil, but it also clings to any dry patch it can find. On normal skin, this foundation has a very natural, flattering, skin-like look. 
 The entire shade range for Bourjois Healthy Mix is in the light to medium range, so it's not very inclusive. All of the shades are also strongly yellow based. Shade 51, Vanilla Clair/Light Vanilla isn't too far off from my body's skin tone, but it's about a shade too dark for my face. I can get away with this shade if I blend it down my neck. While the shade isn't too far off, I feel like the strong yellow tone is very noticeable and unflattering, it really throws off the look of this foundation. To combat the undertone issues, I always set this foundation with ELF's Cool Tone Correcting Powder to balance the color.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is good, but I definitely have foundations I prefer over this one. The texture is a little bit strange, and application is a little bit finicky. Healthy Mix performs best when applied with fingers. Bourjois Healthy Mix gives medium coverage with a natural finish, which is ideal in my opinion. Unfortunately Healthy Mix will only work for a small portion of people. The shade selection is minimal, only light to slightly tan skin tones are represented. The formula only cooperates with normal skin as well. I wouldn't repurchase Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, but I would recommend it if you have the right skin tone and type. I'm hoping to try the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation next. 




Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Panthenol, Alcohol, Aluminum hydroxide, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pyrus malus, Zingiber officinale, Prunus armeniaca, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 77891

Leave a Comment

  1. Where is my shoutouts ;____;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This product was bought for me by my wonderful lovebun Deany. =( I am sorry.

      Delete
  2. I got this a while ago and only used it a couple of times. Thanks to your tip on applying it with fingers will help. I used a damp sponge and I didn't like how it looks. Will definitely give it another try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why it doesn't apply well with a sponge. I hope it works better when you use your fingers.

      Delete
  3. Where did ur wonderful lovebun Deany bought this? I am trying to get a hold of it. I live in Italy and there is nowhere I can buy this exact one in shade 51! I am so sad :( I love this foundation! I dont have a lovebun overseas :(( :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He bought it in Priceline, a drugstore in Australia =( That sucks that you can't get that foundation in stores, but that website that I linked, Asos, ships to Italy for free!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I got the serum one from Asos. Unfortunately they done have this one in stock anymore, and the new fprmula, the one they say has been repackaged they dont have my shade! Sads! Thank you x

      Delete
    3. Oh. Sorry I couldn't help then =(

      Delete
    4. Try here Gia Georgia, because it appears they only have the light shades and it's free worldwide shipping. Also, that price seems very reasonable to me. I've seen it go for $20 or more at other sites.

      http://echemist.co.uk/p-bourjois-healthy-mix-foundation

      Delete
  4. Hey - when you say you prefer other foundations - what would you pick above this?
    Thanks for the review by the way, was considering trying this foundation but not sure if there's a better one to go for. I need one that won't cling to dry patches, that's my main goal! If you know any please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer Maybelline's FitMe and Revlon's Nearly Naked, which are both really similar, light liquid foundations with light to medium coverage. If you want a foundation that won't cling to dry patches try out Revlon's Colorstay Whipped Creme, or another cream texture foundation.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your advice - I love Revlon Colorstay Liquid for Normal to Dry skin but I've never tried the Whipped Creme, I'll look out for it.

      Delete
  5. I got mine from ebay, but haven't tried it yet. I do see so many rave reviews that I just had to try it. I'm glad I read your review first though, since now I won't have the frustration of trying with a sponge or brush and will go straight to fingers.

    I bought shade 54, beige, thinking that seems to be the closest match to me. But now that I have it, it sure looks dark. Oh well, maybe by the time I'm done with my current foundation, I'll have a little summer sun.

    I also liked that Bourjois is owned by Chanel. It's like having high end at drugstore prices, right? RIGHT?!?! From your review, it sounds like I may be disappointed and have bought myself just another drugstore foundation. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, its the other way around, Bourjois owns Chanel!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...