Benefit BeneBalm Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm Review+Swatches

 Benefit says "Its tinted love! BeneBalm conditions and hydrates with mango butter and sodium hyaluronate. This rose tinted kiss of sheer, buildable color gives you the softest, sexiest lips." Benefit released a shade to match each of their four famed lip&cheek tints. Benefit's Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms contain 3 grams (.10 oz) of product and cost $18. Benefit does not test on animals. This product was made in France.

 The entire range of Benefit's Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms has very cute packaging, but I think BeneBalm's is particularly precious. This lip balm comes in a mirrored red tube, the product name is printed on the body of the tube in white letters. Lilac polka dots decorate the cap, which snaps on securely. The box, which features a similar design, offers a full ingredient list, product description, and directions for application. This lip balm's hard plastic tube is small but sturdy, making it great to pop in your purse or pocket when you're out and about. Unfortunately packaging is not recyclable.
 As I mentioned in my review of PosieBalm, I was initially underwhelmed by Benefit's tinted lip balms, but I've had a complete change of heart! This lip balm formula contains several beneficial, hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, mango butter, and vitamin E, and more. BeneBalm's formula is so silky, it melts on to the lips, providing long lasting moisture. I reapply BeneBalm every 5-6 hours. These lip balms lock in moisture, sooth and heal chapped lips, all while adding a glossy hint of color. As much as I like BeneBalm, I have two complaints about the formula. I really wish Benefit would've included SPF in their lip balm formula. Also, this line of lip balms has a strong, artificial rose scent and flavor that I find unpleasant. It reminds me of the play lipsticks I had as a kid.
 BeneBalm is a pretty, sheer rosy red with a glossy finish. Unlike PosieBalm, BeneBalm has decent color payoff that's buildable with multiple swipes. BeneBalm and BeneTint pair perfectly, adding a good punch of color and a lot more shine. This tinted balm's color lasts about two hours on me. I haven't found a true dupe for BeneBalm, but I do find it to be similar to The Body Shops' Strawberry Born Lippy Balm or a very sheer application of Revlon's Candy Apple Lip Butter.
I really like Benefit's BeneBalm. Packaging is too cute, and the formula is excellent. Hydrating and long lasting, BeneBalm provides a lovely rose tint to the lips. As much as I like BeneBalm, I don't think Benefit's Hydrating Tinted Lip Balms are a necessity. Really, they're like a more posh version of Maybelline's Baby Lips, which I do love. I think I'll end up splurging on ChaChaBalm and LolliBalm, just because I adore the line. If you want a cute, good quality tinted lip balm, or are shy about red lips but love the look, do try BeneBalm. 


Ingredients:
Jojoba Esters, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Ozokerite, C20-40 Alcohols, Polyethylene, Parfum (Fragrance), Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, BHT, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellatl, Luffa Cylindrica Seed Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Tocopherol, Trihydroxystearin, Limonene, Propyl Gallate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: CI 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).

1 comment