October 2014 Ipsy Bag - Beauty Candy

 Not quite as late as my September unboxing, but still over due - here's my October Ipsy Bag. This was a decent bag for me, well worth my ten bucks. For those unfamiliar with Ipsy, I'll sum it up pretty quickly - this is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you four to six deluxe, travel, or full size beauty products in a makeup bag, for just $10/month ($15/month in Canada). Ipsy sent out twenty five products in October, giving bags a huge variety!

New Partnerships: Ecru New York, Figs&Rouge, Albertini, Ayers, Cirque Colors, Doll10 Beauty, Fudge Urban, Indie Lee, Model Co., New York Color, Rouge by Rihanna, Skone Cosmetics

Repeat Partnerships: City Color, Epice International, Jesse's Girl, H2o+, Kiss, Mica Beauty, Nicole by OPI, Revlon, Nourish Organic, Noyah, Smashbox, Starlooks, Skyn Iceland

Click through to see what came in my October bag.

October's bag is cute as heck. I love it, its my favorite Ipsy bag in a long time. This vinyl pouch is a beautiful teal color with a quilted texture. The bag has a front zipper, and a teal lining. I think I'll be hanging on to this one! 
City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappuccino 
Full Size - $5 

My Thoughts:
I've been impressed with City Color so far, so I have high hopes for Cappuccino. The color is just lovely, its a great nude for me. The formula of this lipstick is just so dry though. It drags on and feels heavy on the lips. 


The Claims:
Be Matte Lipstick is every girl’s must-have secret. Its rich formula is highly pigmented and enhanced with Vitamin E to nourish your lips and provide long-lasting color. Available in 36 stunning shades, your lips will never feel dry and maintain the perfect shade throughout your day.

The Offer:
20% off any order at citycolorcosmetics.com with code IPSY20ML. exp 12/15/14

Ecru New York Acacia Protein BB Cream for Hair
Travel Size (30ml) - $12
Full Size (125ml) - $30

My Thoughts:
I'm really and truly tiring of getting hair masks and conditioners in my Ipsy bag. I'm not sure why Ipsy thinks I need them? I'll try this 'bb cream', but not with any enthusiasm for the product. 


The Claims:
A first in haircare. Finally, an ultra-light, incredibly versatile, all-in-one multifunctional beauty balm that harnesses the moisturizing and protective power of the patented Acacia Collagen™ for ultimate repair, conditioning, manageability, smoothness, body and shine. Perfect for all hair types. Color safe. Paraben free.

The Offer:
20% off purchase from ecrunewyork.com with code IPSY. exp 11/30/14

Epice Purifying Exfoliant 
Deluxe Sample (30ml) - $9.70
Full Size (98ml) - $32. 

My Thoughts:
I love trying new cleansers and scrubs, and this is a decent sized sample, so I'm pleased! I've yet to try Epice' Purifying Exfoliant, but I hear its similar to Vasanti's Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, which is amazing. I look forward to trying this scrub!
The Claims:
A unique exfoliant which removes excess dirt and dead skin cells all while activating collagen production and hydrating your skin. This moisture rich formula utilizes mild, non-irritating and anti-bacterial cleansers with micro-fine polyspheres which enhances skin texture and clarity for a clean, fresh appearance. The Épicé Purifying Exfoliant is also great to use on the entire body and after just a few uses, you will begin to see improvement in the look and feel of your skin.

The Offer:
50% off purchase at epiceinternational.com with code IPSY5014. exp 1/1/15

Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Eyeshadow - Rosemary Frost
Full Size - $3.99
My Thoughts:
I have been looking at these eyeshadows at Rite Aid for YEARS. Not even kidding, I've been contemplating Kiwi Shine for so long. Hopefully its better than Rosemary Frost, cause this shit is terrible. This baked eyeshadow is bone dry with next to no color payoff. Finger or brush, I can swirl, swirl, swirl, and nothing. Using Rosemary Frost wet barely improves color payoff at all. This is a sad, sad eyeshadow. 

The Claims:
Get out-of-this-world eyes with Jesse’s Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Eyeshadows.

The Offer:
20% off order at jessesgirlcosmetics.com with code IPSYOCT2014. exp 11/30/14

Figs&Rouge Mango Mandarin Hand Cream 
Full Size - $6.56

My Thoughts:
I want to complain about getting a hand cream two months in a row, but this one is so nice that I can't! Packaging is cute and colorful, and the scent is so deliciously fruity. The formula is nice as well, it seems quite hydrating. This tube is so little, I was surprised that its full size. 

The Claims:
Figs & Rouge Shea Butter Enriched Limited Edition Hand Creams are deliciously fragrant & indulgent. These delectable creams soften, nourish & thoroughly pamper hands throughout the day, quickly absorbing to provide super-soft skin. Apply Figs & Rouge Hand Cream onto your hands and massage into skin throughout the day as needed.

The Offer:
15% off a Figs&Rouge purchase at feelunique.com with code IPSY. exp 11/30/14

                                                                                                                         

Total Value of my October Ipsy Bag:
$37.25

Not the highest valued bag I've ever received, but a solid one. I really like the bag this month, which is increasingly rare for me. I definitely already like the hand cream, and look forward to trying the conditioner, scrub, and lipstick. The Jesse's Girl eyeshadow is just a disgrace though, it kinda dragged the bag down for me. As a whole though, I think October was a good bag! 





Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

2 comments

  1. ;-; I would use that bag for a pencil case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the little quilted looking teal bag too. It says "fall" to me and is just my style. I got a rose scented hand cream and the eye shadow in the shade Kiwi Shine. It is pretty in the package but goes on sheer and only gives a little green with mostly gold. This would be great for doing some highlights or inner eye lighting. It is very shimmery with the gold, but you have to be in intense light and close up to see how pretty it is. I didn't swatch it over primer though and it blended so well that it very nearly disappeared so I am not sure I'd buy this unless I found it for a couple of dollars or discounted. I do love the color though and I am going to try this again over primer and see if I can get it to build up. It is soft and seems to be a nice enough formula but the color payoff isn't quite there. I can see why you've been watching it for a while now, it is pretty in the pan.

    ReplyDelete